JOB TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
theSkimm is looking for an “all-around athlete” to provide financial and operational support to its founders. The Director of Finance and Operations will work closely with the Founders to develop and execute on the Company’s business plan and will be involved in many facets of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the Company’s strategy from a financial and operational perspective in partnership with the Company’s founders
- Build financial models and analysis to support the Company’s business plan and all strategic decisions
- Analyze, evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning and introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of all key performance indicators, financial reports and financial trends
- Assess the human resource needs of the organization and assist in building out an appropriate team
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the Company that will improve overall operation and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership for fundraising efforts and transactions from a financial and legal perspective
- Advise on legal, HR, IT and other business matters as needed (while broader team is being put in place)
- Passion and energy for the business and the opportunity.
- Ambition and strong leadership ability.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while not losing sight of the broader strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure.
- 2-5 years of experience in media industry preferred but not required.
- 2-5 years of experience in a finance and/or operations role strongly preferred.
- Highly collaborative with entrepreneurial energy.
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org